New polling commissioned by the Lost Rainforests of Britain campaign has found that there is widespread support for the protection of Britain’s rainforest amongst the British public.
The YouGov polling found that:
- 93% of British adults support the protection of Britain’s remaining rainforests.
- 85% of British adults support the expansion of Britain’s rainforest to cover more land.
- 80% support public funding to support those who grow rainforests on their land (e.g. farmers).
- 75% think that Britain’s rainforests add value to Britain’s heritage.
- 57% support reducing the land used for sheep farming to expand rainforests.
- 46% support reducing the land that deer live on to expand rainforests.
The full results can be found here.
All figures, unless otherwise stated, are from YouGov Plc. Total sample size was 2030 adults. Fieldwork was undertaken between 23rd-24th August 2022. The survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all GB adults (aged 18+).
One thought on “New polling shows 93% of Brits support the protection of Britain’s rainforests”
Absolutely everything possible should be done to protect our rainforests of Britain and to expand and regenerate them. Money in grants must be directed to the landowners to be used in the right way. I live in the middle of one such forest and it needs better management of deer including fencing as well as control of invasive species like Rhododendron and Japanese knotweed. Please listen!
Mary-Ann Featherstone Isle of Islay